Monday, February 6, 2012

So Much for Manual Dexterity

We had a work day at church on Saturday, and after I managed to drip white paint all over the kitchen floor and myself, not once, but twice, popular opinion was that I'd do better dusting and polishing in the sanctuary. I took the step ladder in so I could vacuum the tops of the windows - dead stink bugs by the hundreds - and managed to pinch my finger in the process. Twice. Blood and band aids.

As I was dusting under the pews I was reminded of my years at boarding school. (That tells you a lot about what kind of kid I was, doesn't it?) We all had chores to do, and one of mine was mopping the upstairs front hall with a mop that was nearly as wide as I was tall. Could have made good use of it Saturday morning.

Tonight was another Prayer Shawl meeting, so I took along my little green worm. I've been working on it all week, but it is not obvious to the untrained observer. It is about 20 inches long and an inch wide, and seems to be sort of zig-zaggy. I've been working with some YouTube videos on "Crocheting for Left-Handed Dummies" but not having much luck.

One woman in the group has knitted five shawls in the last two weeks. I am suffering from feelings of inadequacy. Big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment