Thursday, February 9, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I have no idea what came over me, but I decided to dig out all of my unused Barbie "stuff" and sort it out. Furniture I've made but never used, the Santa's Workshop I did one year in place of the general store and never set up again, enough pots and pans for a small restaurant. I filled an entire Xerox box with bits and pieces and put it out on Freecycle.

The next item is to sort through all of the things on the front porch. When our grandson was about five, he and I were going to put together a lighthouse kit. The Squire bought me a lot of nautical goodies for Christmas that year - a nice rowboat, a superb telescope, some pelicans and harbor seals - all of which are still on the front porch. Our grandson will be 25 this summer.

I've also been sorting through books, and in our house that is a major undertaking! Lots and lots of stuff to take over to the Smith College book sale. I have complete sets of the Brother Cadfael novels, and all of the Peter Wimsey books, including the two that were written by someone else, using Dorothy Sayers' notes after she died. It's hard to accept the fact that I simply cannot keep everything. (Lord knows I've tried, though!) The last two days to donate books are this coming Sunday and Monday, so I'll have to load the car and drive to Timonium Monday morning.

I haven't felt this ambitious since the day before my last child was born! And believe me, like Sara, I am well past that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment